Wednesday, October 29, 2008

6 More Days

Election Day is nearing quickly and at this point, Obama is up 5.9 in the polls although, we never really know what that means.  Early voting has been insane in Georgia so - regardless of outcome, at least people are casting their votes.  A friend sent me this great link www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html.  I sent this along to my cousin who didn't really understand the difference between the candidates and their views.  And, I don't blame him.  I have never really been what I would consider to be a "political" person.  I grew up surrounded by a very politically charged family and can remember, as a young child, tuning out at every holiday meal because they were speaking this political language that I didn't understand.  And I have to say, while I have a point of view on many things, in the past, when it came to politics, even as an adult I would find myself tuning out.
All of that has changed, of course.  After the last 8 years, I've gotten more involved.  I've stopped tuning out.  I am heading to Florida and really hope that we can make a difference and that, on Wednesday when I am heading back home to Atlanta, I'll have a big smile on my face knowing that change is on the way.

No comments: