So, I hit the road yesterday afternoon after filling up (gas is down to $2.32 a gallon!). I had my iPod locked and loaded and it was a beautiful, sunny day. After hitting parking lot traffic about 15 minutes in, the highway opened up and it was pretty smooth sailing. Well, the drive anyway. Even after a long night on Halloween, I woke up feeling like a champ. Dressed as Sarah Palin for the party last night - and ran into her twin (see pic). When I went out with friends afterwards, it was hilarious to have people ask to have their picture taken with me. And, I was met with plenty of "BOOOOOOOOOO" cheers to which I just said "Go Obama!" Oddly, there was a guy who came up to me asking me about the Bush Doctrine. Following what I thought was his lead, I did my best Tina Fey/Palin impression and as I shook my head, I said, "I don't know what that is." To which he semi-yelled, "you should know what that is!" I took that opportunity to duck back into the bar. Buddy, it's Halloween. Relax. (Of course, he wasn't dressed up - party pooper.)
Back to the schlep - I was able to find the GA/FL game on the radio and, let's just say I wish I hadn't. Really, Georgia? 49 to 10? OUCH! Once I got past that, I caught up on my music (John Legend's "Evolver" is excellent - thanks, Shaun) and with friends and family.
My volunteer shift begins at noon today. After seeing all of the McCain/Palin stickers once I crossed into Florida, I know my work is cut out for me. I am excited to help out and also excited to see family. My brother is actually going to volunteer with me on Election Day which should be fun. And some friends down here are going to have an election party on Tuesday night.
The time change has really thrown me off. I'm typically not wide awake this early on a Sunday. Going to take a walk and enjoy this beautiful Florida weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment